Quality Material for Leadership, Organization and Management Essay
So you are looking for inspiration to write your management essay.
Tired of searching for relevant material for your essay about organization and management?
I understand there are piles of misleading and false information and finding out material for your management essay writing is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Knowing the importance of management essay for you,
I have sorted out some relevant material related to the essay about organization and management and an essay on management and leadership for you.
We will cover all the three areas here in this essay on management, leadership, and organization. We will also see if there is any link or are totally opposite?
It is the ability of an individual to influence, motivate, and enable others to perform better with more efficiency. It encourages people to achieve goals.
Leadership is not a part of a job but it is the intrinsic quality of an individual. The work done by a leader is not created or carved by anyone rather it comes about spontaneously.
Nature of leadership
The nature of leadership can be explained by the following points;
- It depends upon interpersonal traits
- It can be situational
- It is different from management
- It is actually a function
- Leaders are the role models
- It is not only related to business organization, rather it is a persuasive function
- Leaders have followers
- It derives potential power
- It aims to achieve the goals
Qualities of leadership
You are a leader if your actions inspire others.
A leader possesses several qualities; some of them are as follows;
- Good listening quality
- Positive nature
- Effective communication skills
- Team building
Leadership is a greater responsibility. The basic responsibilities that come under leadership are as follows;
- Creating new vision and aim
- Establishing achievable financial targets
- Making rules and policies
- Establishing ethical and moral norms
- Inspiring and empowering others
Powers of leadership
Leadership has the potential to influence the behavior of others by their powers. The powers of leadership are as follows;
- Legitimate power that is by virtue of position in a firm
- Power of giving rewards for a positive contribution
- Coercive power to punish the undesirable stuff
- Expert power that is by virtue of expertise and skills
- Power of having access to organizational information
- Referent power based on the identification, loyalty, and intimation
Importance of leadership
Leadership is important because of the following factors;
- Leaders support their followers
- Assemble organizational resources
- Realignment of organization
- Helping followers by psychological support
- Development of individuals by building willingness, enthusiasm, and confidence
- Building team spirit
- Motivating followers consistently
- Providing feedback on the performance
- Facilitating changes
- Maintaining discipline
Classification of leadership
The style of leadership can be of three types that are as follows;
1. Autocratic leadership
2. Democratic leadership
3. Laissez-faire leadership
A good leader uses all three styles of leadership depending on the forces that are involved between the followers, the leader, and the situation.
Organization means getting people together and making them work on a common predefined goal. It also enables the optimum use of resources at the workplace through planning and control.
Structures of organization
Every company has two main organizational structures that are;
1. The format structure that is written on the charts
2. The everyday relationship between employees in the organization
Types of organizational structures
The types of organizational structures are;
- Hierarchical organizational structure
- Functional organizational structure
- Horizontal organizational structure
- Divisional organizational structure
- Matrix organizational structure
- Team-based organizational structure
- Network organizational structure
Elements of organizational structure
The achievement of an organization is the result of the combined efforts of individuals and the accomplishment of all the necessities. The necessary elements of organizational structure are;
- Well-defined objectives
- Designing jobs or positions
- Establishment of reporting relationships
- Distribution authority
- Coordination activities
- Differentiating among positions
Principles of organization
A good organization shortens the road to the goals.
Some basic principles of organization are;
- Authority and Responsibility
- Span of Control
Importance of organization
An efficient organization can contribute positively to the continuity and success of a company.
If unfortunately everything is lost by a company, except its organization then they can redeem all the lost things back in a few years.
The organization is important because;
- It facilitated the administration
- Facilitates growth and diversification
- Stimulates creativity
- Enable the firm for the optimum use of resources
- It leads to specialization
- It minimizes corruption and inefficiencies
- Free from confusion
Process of organization
The process of the organization may be defined as the managerial function of organizing.
The steps involved in the process of the organization are as follows;
- Determining objectives
- Deciding different activities
- Grouping the decided activities
- Assigning responsibilities to the staff
- Delegating the authority
- Providing a proper environment and physical facilities
Knowing the actual meaning of management is very important before writing a management essay. So management is actually the controlling of a group to achieve the goals of an organization. It is a process that involves planning, making decisions, organizing, leading, motivating, and controlling the resources like human resources, financial, physical or information resources.
Principles of management
There are five main principles of management that are as follows;
Levels of management
The basic levels of management in an organization are;
- Top-level of management that includes administration and manager
- The middle level of management includes the assistant manager
- The lower level of management that includes supervisors and operators
Characteristics of management
The main characteristics of management are as follows;
- It is goal-oriented
- It is a process
- It is a group activity
- It is universal
- It is an art as well as a science
- It is a factor of production
- It is dynamic
- It is a profession
- An important organ of society
- It is a system of authority
Features of management as a process
The features of management as a process are as follows;
- Management deals with human beings so it is a social process
- It organizes human resources to use other resources efficiently so it is an integrating process
- It is always involved in the identification of the problems of organization and their solutions that is why it is a continuous process
Management as a science
Management is considered as science because it has the following essential features;
- It is a systematized body of knowledge
- Uses scientific methods
- Its principles are based on experiments
- Universally applicable
Management as an art
As an art, management possesses the following features;
- Personal skills
- Practical knowledge
- Result-oriented approach
- Personal judgment
- Continuous practice
Objectives of management
The objectives of management can be divided into three categories. These categories are as follows;
- Individual objectives
- Social objectives
- Organizational objectives
Managers have to deal with all three categories of management objectives to get productive results.
There are eight defined key areas to set management objectives. These areas are as follows;
The link between leadership, organization, and management
All the three above-mentioned areas are totally related to each other and are equally important as well.
For the success of a company, it is important to have a good leader, an organized firm, and proper management.
One aspect alone can’t lead a company towards success.
The information provided above would be sufficient for your own management essay writing. But in case you still get confused or you are busy somewhere else and don’t have enough time to complete your management essay on time.
No need to dwell over it.
There are plenty of websites out there that can help you to complete your task more efficiently and timely like Essay48.
Hire a professional for your help and make your life easier and happier.